Punjab State Innovation Council has been constituted under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary with ED, Punjab State Council for S&T as Member - Secretary. The Council has a broad based composition with members drawn from academics, CII, Industries and NGOs. Click here for notification of constitution.
Progress and Updates
- First meeting held on 3.05.2012 under the Chairperson ship of Chief Secretary
- Identification of Five Key areas namely agriculture (including water), energy, health, education (including technical education) and manufacturing industry (including pollution control)
- Constitution of five sectorial committees in the above sectors for preparation of roadmaps.
- Identification of four- five strategic issues to be undertaken by State level Sectoral committees.
- Financial support to SInC from the budget of PSCST.
- Formulation of guidelines under DIF
- Preliminary Identification of three Industry Clusters namely Auto parts, Ludhiana; Sports goods, Jhalandher ; and Hi-tech Cluster, Mohali.
- Innovative projects identified under DIF are:
- Manufacturing of low cost sanitary napkins by women.
- Building smart and attractive class-rooms and subject based educational parks.
- Setting-up of small units for production of biopesticides & dry-food items
- Purchase of straw choppers/ mulchers for demonstration
- Putting up solar fencing to protect crops from domestic/wild animals.
- Purchase of hydraulic system based veterinary ambulance.
- Introduction and promotion of medicinal crops in low fertile soil
- Setting up of Biodiversity Park.
- Interface with GIAN-North / NIF, and Centre for Innovation in Public Systems (CIPS) for a understanding of the innovation eco-system. GIAN-North helping the PSInC in scouting grassroot level innovation
- Short listing of technologies relevant to the State under the DST-GOI supported Lockheed Martin Program.
- Proposal for establishing “Innovation Punjab” as a Think-Tank within the ambit of PSInC.
- Sanction of Rs. 9.00 lac for PSInC by the State Govt. out of its plan budget.
- Preparation of a draft of Inventory of Inventors from Punjab and Chandigarh.
Reports and Documents from Punjab SInC