The Governor of Manipur is pleased to constitute the Inter Departmental Co-ordination Committee in the Planning Deptt ,with Chief Secretary Manipur as the Chairperson to implement the policy decisions of State Innovation Council to harness the core competencies, local talent, resource and capabilities to create new opportunities.
- The Committee shall consists of the following members:
Chief Secretary , Manipur
Secretary (Planning ).
Commr / FD,
Commr / Health & FW
Commr ( S&Tech )
Commr ( Forest & Env )
Commr ( Horti & SC)
Special Secretary (IT)
Vice Chancellor,Manipur University
Regional Manager, ICC
Joint Secretary ( Planning )
- Terms and reference of the Council is as follow:
- Implement the Policy framework approved by the State Innovation Council.
- Encourage young talent and local universities, colleges, Medium and Small
- Scale Industries(MSME),R&D Institutes,
- Map opportunities for innovation in the state,
- Identify and reward talent in innovation and disseminate success stories,
- Organize seminars, lecturer, workshops on innovation and create state innovation portal to educate,
- Help create innovation eco-system,
- Organize risk capital and prepare and Innovation Roadmap 2010-2020 for the state.
- The Council may co-opt/invite other representative/official as may necessary.
- The Council shall meet every quarter and as often as necessary.
In the first meeting of the Inter departmental Coordination Committee of SINC held under the Chairperson ship of Chief Secretary on 6.1.11. The following decisions were taken
- Planning Dept. of the State to convene the first meeting of SInC under the chairmanship of Hon’ble CM.
- Encouragement to be provided to farmers with an innovative ideas by Central Agriculture University.
- Encouragement of innovation and creativity among students and teachers by Dept. of Education and S&T.
- Documentation of Department wise Innovation and success stories.
- Preparation of Roadmap.
- Co-option of Member, State Biodiversity Board as Member SInC.