The undersigned is directed to say that the Hon'ble Prime Minister has constituted a National Innovation Council under the Chairmanship of Shri Sam Pitroda to create a Road Map for Innovation 2010-2020 with reference to letter dated 26th November 2010 and 25lh April 2011. The National Innovation Council's strategy will focus on five key parameters: -
- Drivers; and
- The aim is to re-define innovation to go beyond R&D laboratories and factories to offer novel solutions that lead to inclusive growth for the people and by the people; foster appropriate eco-system across domains and sectors to strengthen entrepreneurship; focus on key drivers to ensure scalability, sustainability, durability and quality, and to expand the space for dialogue and discourse on innovation.
- Given the huge scope of Innovation in Civil Aviation, its emerging as sunrise industry similar Sectoral Innovation Council is formed in Civil Aviation under the chairmanship of Secretary, Ministry of Civil Aviation with the following Members:-
COMPOSITION OF SECTORAL INNOVATION COUNCIL IN CIVIL
Secretary, Ministry of Civil Aviation
Joint Secretary (N), Ministry of Civil Aviation
Chairman of NASSCOM
Representative of FICCI
Representative of KPMG
Representative of CAPA
CMD. Air India Limited
CEO, Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL)
Director General, TERI
Director, I1M Lucknovv
Director, IIT Delhi
Director, HIT Allahahad
Representative from Aeronautical Society of India
- The representative of other organization may be invited as "Special Invitee", as deemed necessary. The outstation Members attending meetings will be reimbursed Travelling Allowance as per entitlement and relevant Government Rules.
- This issues with the approval of Hon'ble Minister of Civil Aviation.
Reports and Documents
- Report of Telecom Sectoral Innovation Council