The Prime Minister has constituted the National Innovation Council to create a roadmap for innovation for the 'Decade of Innovation - 2011-2020 focusing on five key parameters namely Platform, Inclusion, Eco-system, Drivers and Discourse. The aim is to expand the space for dialogue and discourse on innovation by offering novel solutions which lead to inclusive growth and foster appropriate eco systems across domains and sectors.
With a view to design an IPR regime to stimulate innovation across sectors in the country, the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion has set up a Sectoral Innovation Council on Intellectual Property Rights with the following constitution:-
|2.||Dr. Praful Naik, Executive Director and Chief Scientific Officer, Bilcare Research||Member|
|3.||Mr. B.P. Rao, CMD, BHEL||Member|
|4.||Mr. Sushil Kumar Jain, Chairman, Panacea Biotec||Member|
|5.||Mr. Prakash Telang, Managing Director -Indian Operations, Tata Motors||Member|
|6. 7.||Mr. D.G. Shah, Secretary General, Indian Pharmaceutical Alliance Prof. Surendra Prasad, Director, IIT, Delhi||Member|
|8||Prof. Govardhan Mehta, CSIR Bhatnagar Fellow, Department of Organic Chemistry, IISc, Bangalore||Member|
|9.||Dr. Anil K. Gupta, Executive Vice Chairman, National Innovation Foundation||Member|
|10.||Dr. Ranbir Singh, Vice Chancellor, National Law School, Delhi||Member|
|11.||Dr. P.L. Gautam, Chairman, Plant Variety Protection and Farmers Rishts Authority||Member|
|12.||Prof. Ms. Karuna Jain, MHRD IPR Chair Professor, IIT, Mumbai||Mumbai|
Terms of Reference
- The Terms of Reference of the Council will be as under:-
- The Council may co-opt any other domain expert as its member. The Council may also invite subject specialists as and when required or for conducting a. study on a subject as deemed fit by the Council.
To prepare a National IPR Strategy for encouraging innovation with a view to adequately address the key concerns of sustainable
development, inclusive growth and food security.
- b. To formulate the medium term policy objectives that can be the building blocks of the envisaged IPR strategy.
- The Sectoral Innovation Council on IPR will submit a roadmap for their report within six months of the setting up of the Council.
- The Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion will provide the secretariat for the Sectoral Innovation Council.
Updates and Progress
- Minutes of the meeting of Sectoral council on IPRs held on 30th April, 2013